January 2019 Update
Here’s my list of remaining things, with tasks marked off that were completed since the last time I posted it:
- Fix an audio error on mobile (specifically iOS, haven’t noticed it on Android at all) – FIXED
- Render HUD within the safe area on Android devices (specifically those with rounded corners and the “notch”)
- Fix an error with the tutorial screen when device is rotated
- Need some modification to birdie AI
- Modify spawning patterns for food
- Optimizations on the overall render pass
- Fix depth rendering on sprites
- Reduce doodads toward the center of backgrounds so they don’t hinder food visibility as much
- Adjust colors throughout, so that foods stand out a little bit more
- Revise some of the background patterns
Overall flow of the game:
- Tutorial screen is annoying – pops up too frequently while player is learning controls
- A few additions to background assets
- More dog art
- Definitely more pigeon art
- Four more bonus foods
- Create a loading/launch screen for mobile devices
- Press Kit
- Game Trailer
- Keep reading about the steps needed to get the game into app stores.
The big one this past week was the render pass optimizations. More efficient rendering means I can add another render pass to fix my depth buffer issues.
So… this next week I plan to work on that – restoring the depth buffer for mobile builds – and also I want to add some bonus foods.