A Park And Pigeons – Status Update
I’m going to change up the format of these updates, especially since I’m getting closer to being done with A Park And Pigeons, and so it’s getting harder to show some of the things I’m working on.
Below is a high-level summary of the remaining tasks for this game (that I’m aware of at the time of writing this). Also, I’ve highlighted the ones that I completed this week:
- Fix an audio error on mobile (specifically iOS, haven’t noticed it on Android at all).
- Render HUD within the safe area on Android devices (specifically those with rounded corners and the “notch”)
- Need some modification to birdie AI
- Modify spawning patterns for food
- Right end of the gauge is not rendering correctly – FIXED
- Optimizations on the overall render pass
- Reduce doodads toward the center of backgrounds so they don’t hinder food visibility as much
- Adjust colors throughout, so that foods stand out a little bit more
- Revise some of the background patterns
Overall flow of the game:
- Shorten times on title screens – DONE
- After title screens, show the menu instead of starting a game – DONE
- Program is straight-up crashing at game-over screen; this needs to be fixed – FIXED
- A few additions to background assets
- More dog art
- Definitely more pigeon art
- Four more bonus foods
- Press Kit
- Game Trailer
- Keep reading about the steps needed to get the game into app stores.
I’m quite sure I have a bunch of other things to do still in my notes, but these are the main things on which I am focusing now. I’ll try to update next weekend. Hopefully about a third or more of the unfinished items will be checked off by then.