This week I worked on a few different sub-projects for my game. Lately, the things I’m working on are a little bit of a struggle, but I’m keeping at it:
- Sound! I finally added sound effects to the game. It’s been… a while since I last mentioned them. But the game has sound now.
Like most other things, what I have are just placeholders for now. Implementation was fairly easy – the hard part is trying to find good pigeon sounds. Have to keep looking.
- Player controls: I am working on revising the controls, taking out some of the player’s special moves. I know that sounds like it sucks, but while the “flying” and “long-dash” abilities were well-intentioned, as I’ve tested the game I found them to be more annoying than anything. Especially when I’d do them by accident. Working out some other special moves though.
- Progress Screen: I’m working on adding a screen to show the player’s high score, achievements, unlocked things, whatever.
Here’s this week’s sample, with sounds: